Available now from Harper Audio
From the Publisher:
Joy Randall’s Top 5 Tips for Vampire Hunters:
- Location, location, location. Vampires won’t be caught dead (ha!) in places like discos, ten-minute lube shops, or Switzerland. Remember, if you wouldn’t be there, neither would a bloodsucker.
- Trust your eyes. You know the handsome, annoyingly arrogant, self-assured man in the shadows with long hair and a cleft in his chin? He’s your vampire.
- No matter how tempting it might be, do not “accidentally” acquire a paper cut on your finger and suggest your vampire kiss it to make it better.
- Play it cool. Don’t offer to accompany your prince of the night on the talk-show circuit, and whatever you do, don’t offer him your heart!
- Most of all, remember: being a vampire is nothing to laugh about.
My recording experience:
I had an absolute blast recording this book. MacAlister is fabulously funny and takes paranormal romance to a whole new giggly place. Her hero is swoon-worthy (but flawed, of course) her heroine is a hoot (stubbornly independent AND self-doubting). I hope you have as much fun listening as I had recording!
From a review at I Am, Indeed:
“Narration is provided by Karen White who manages to slip in and out of voices and accents with near seamless precision: adding in a tone and breathing that emphasizes moments of exasperation, insecurity, tension, anger and even sexual frustration and satisfaction. The French accents are spot on, with a solidly Slavic intonation in the voices of Christophe and the police captain, and the smooth yet often frustrated and flummoxed British accent affixed to Raphael managed to convey him with panache. Never overreaching for male or female voices, all of the characters were clearly delineated and crisply delivered and added to the character visualizations.”
From a review at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews:
“I listened to the audiobook on this one and the narrator, Karen White, did a great job. I liked the voices and felt she did a fantastic job of giving distinct changes to each character’s voice. I never had a moment when I doubted who was speaking. She also did a great job of conveying the emotions, enhancing the storytelling.”
Listen to a sample here:
And, hey! Not only did I have fun with this book, two of my best narrator girl friends, Cassandra Campbell (Sex, Lies and Vampires) and Hillary Huber (Sex and the Single Vampire) recorded books in the series out today. We talked about it with the amazing Brenda, check it out at AudioGals.